What did Robbie Burns say? The best laid schemes o’ Mice an’ Men gang aft agley. Or as we Yanks put it, the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.
I won’t go into the upheaval in life right now – that’s for another post – but I didn’t get started with ROW80 last week as planned. My goals were mostly written, though, so here they are. I plan to work seriously toward them, but I’ll cut myself some slack when things get rough again.
Writing: to polish and send out middle grade novel, and finish rough draft of adult novel.
- Write 5 days a week, sessions to include:
- Write 1,000 words a day, OR
- Work at least one hour on plotting/editing.
Social Networking: to connect with other writers, be inspired, build readership.
- Blog twice a week, plus ROW80 check-ins.
- Get Jen’s Writing Desk going again with at least one blog a week.
- Tweet or comment on at least 10 other blogs per week.
Health: to become physically fit again.
- Follow re-hab instructions after foot surgery.
- Strength training (what I’m allowed) three times a week.
- Gentle walks, as approved, at least three times a week.
- Begin cutting sugar from diet. (Sorry, can’t really quantify that now.)
Mind/Spirit: to feed the other part of me.
- Study Scriptures daily.
- Practice flute or piano twice each week.
- Sew quilt block each month.
That’s plenty for now, and hopefully not too much – I made them baby steps on purpose! *grin* I’ll keep you posted (hmm, does that mean I need to make a check-off chart now?), and you can cheer me on!