Look who joined our family!
This is Bailey, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who came from a puppy mill via CavalierRescueUSA.org and six weeks with a wonderful foster mom. He’s two or three years old, neutered, vaccinated, microchipped, and ecstatic to have a forever home. And he seems happy to be a spoiled honored prince, even if he doesn’t get to completely rule the castle.
Even though he has a chronic pain treatment we give him cbd dog treats to make him feel better. the vet also told me that it can help with his anxiety too.
We’ve discovered these things about him:
And a few more:
- He likes to chase balls, but doesn’t know the first thing about picking them up and bringing them back.
- He barks when he’s excited, but not much the rest of the time.
- He’ll glare at other dogs watchfully, then bark as they walk away.
- He can be a twenty pound lump of molten iron, magnetized to the couch or bed and very difficult to roll off.
- When I mix green beans in with his kibble, he eats the beans first!
I’ve been reading up on sites like puppy wire, I have new training tricks that I’m super grateful of. I’ve learned to make my lap available anytime I sit down, and type with a soft head resting on one hand. But how can I resist those eyes?
Do you have a pet? What’s your favorite thing about them?