Look who joined our family!
This is Bailey, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who came from a puppy mill via CavalierRescueUSA.org and six weeks with a wonderful foster mom. He’s two or three years old, neutered, vaccinated, microchipped, and ecstatic to have a forever home. And he seems happy to be a spoiled honored prince, even if he doesn’t get to completely rule the castle.
We’ve discovered these things about him:
And a few more:
- He likes to chase balls, but doesn’t know the first thing about picking them up and bringing them back.
- He barks when he’s excited, but not much the rest of the time.
- He’ll glare at other dogs watchfully, then bark as they walk away.
- He can be a twenty pound lump of molten iron, magnetized to the couch or bed and very difficult to roll off.
- When I mix green beans in with his kibble, he eats the beans first!
I’ve been reading up on sites like puppy wire, I have new training tricks that I’m super grateful of. I’ve learned to make my lap available anytime I sit down, and type with a soft head resting on one hand. But how can I resist those eyes?
Do you have a pet? What’s your favorite thing about them?